“When you know why babies do the things they do,
it’s easier to figure out how to respond”. ~ Dr. Sears
In today’s modern society, there is an overabundance of information, and it is readily available – EVERYWHERE. Many rely on the advice of family and friends or parenting or self-help books, blogs, and the like. But deciding on the specifics can be daunting. How can you make a positive change when the information available is so confusing and conflicting?
Enter Sleep Education…
My goal is to educate you, so that you have all the information you need to feel comfortable making decisions regarding sleep. I customizethe information provided, tailoring it according to age, preference and situation and then help guide you through the decision-making process.
A Sleep Education session with The Sleep Nurse may involve:
- Discussing the science behind our biological sleep patterns – i.e. why we sleep the way we do
- Looking at what is normal for your age, and situation
- Debunking common myths and misconceptions
- Exploring historical trends, and medical advances over time
- Examining cultural and evolutionary difference in how we practice sleep
- Reviewing safe sleep practices
- Looking at environmental factors – a nursery and/or bedroom assessment
- Learning all about developmental stages, sweet spots, and tricky times
- Reviewing child temperament, the mom-baby dyad, and attachment principles
- And much more!
Want to know something that is not listed here? Not a problem, contact me so we can discuss!